Kids love to talk about themselves! They love to tell you what they like or dislike. They like to tell you their favorite sport or favorite dessert. So why not play this fun game to help the kids in your Sunday school class get to know each other better?
It’s called “You’re in the Hot Seat” and my kids love it!
Here’s what you need to do: Gather 3 lunch bags or boxes and label one “A Godly Question”, another “A Question About You” and the third “A Would You Rather Question”. Next, take a stack of 3 x 5 index cards and come up with different questions that fit each topic. Here are several for each label to help get you started:
A Godly Question
1. How can we pray for you?
2. What do you look forward to about Heaven?
3. Who is your favorite Bible character and why?
4. What would you do if you saw an angel?
5. What do you find cool about God?
A Question About You
1. What’s your favorite dessert?
2. What’s your favorite form of transportation?
3. What’s the most exciting place you’ve ever been?
4. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
5. If you could go anywhere in the world or universe, where would you go?
A Would You Rather Question
1. Would rather eat worms or spiders?
2. Would you rather be cold in Antarctica or hot in the desert?
3. Would you rather have your mom’s job or your dad’s job?
4. Would you rather build a skyscraper or a roller coaster?
5. Would you rather go to school in clown suit or a scuba diving suit?
Place each of the questions in the corresponding bags.
You are now ready to ask one child come forward and sit down on a chair. To make this activity extra fun, you might cover the chair in something clever like hot pads or chili pepper material to show that it’s a “hot seat.” Ask the child to reach into one of the bags and pull out a question. Read the question out loud and have the child give an answer. You can then have him pick another card from each of the other 2 bags or you can have another child come up for a turn.
I bring this game out every couple of months. The kids really enjoy it and I hope yours will too!