If you believed the HBO Max reboot of Gossip Girl was strictly heading to be out with the old, in with the new, you’re in for a surprise. The streaming collection pays several nods to the CW initial that blasted the likes of Blake Lively and Leighton Meester to superstardom.
The new Gossip Girl shares a lot more than just a title with its predecessor: Like the original, the show can take area among the college students at the fictional, prestigious Constance Billard Faculty (which has been merged with St. Jude’s) and follows them through their exploits in dating, ingesting (a lot more on that later on) and drama and Kristen Bell is back again to reprise her job as the snarky narrator spilling on the students’ private lives. There are even more clever, delicate Gossip Girl Easter eggs you could have skipped in the reboot. In this article are all the kinds we have identified in the pilot so much!
Associated: Your One particular and Only Source Into HBO Max’s New Gossip Woman, Which includes the Sizzling, Young Cast and Most current Trailer
Gossip Girl Easter Eggs: Episode 1
There are nods to the authentic Gossip Girl people
- The opening scene sees Kate (Tavi Gevinson) on a subway to Constance Billard, recreating Serena Van Der Woodsen’s return by using educate from boarding school.
- Bell’s Gossip Lady tagline is a little bit diverse this time close to: Perhaps many thanks to gentrification, not all of the people live in the Higher East Side anymore, foremost her to quip that she’s “your just one and only supply for the truth of the matter guiding the scandalous life of New York‘s elite.”
- The 1st OG Gossip Girl character name-dropped in the series is Nate Archibald (played in the original Gossip Girl by Chace Crawford). Kate is talking about Constance Billard’s notable and infamous alumni and points out that nevertheless there are plenty of spoiled brats who didn’t amount of money to substantially, that Nate in the end turned out perfectly.
- Zoya describes to her father that she’s attending Constance Billard in hopes of acquiring into Yale, much like Blair Waldorf (Meester) dreamed of in the primary sequence. Zoya has a scholarship to Constance Billard and at occasions feels out of put among its wealthy, elitist and classist pupil body, likening her to Dan and Jenny Humphrey (Penn Badgley and Taylor Momsen) in the primary.
Connected: On Her Shelf: Gossip Woman Writer Cecily von Ziegesar Welcomes You to Brooklyn in Cobble Hill
- A deep lower: Former college student and existing school member Rebecca Sherman (played by Sarah Baskin) introduces her colleagues to the authentic Gossip Lady blog site. Reboot creator Joshua Safran described her identification to The Wrap: “It’s these kinds of a really deep Easter egg, I assumed that nobody would know. Regretably, her whole title would make you know her if you Googled it. But I could not get her entire identify in. I tried and I just could not [get the characters to] say, ‘Rebecca Sherman, you went to school right here?’ But Rebecca Sherman is the name of the character at the end of Period 2 that they briefly assume could be Gossip Girl ahead of they consider that it is Eric’s boyfriend.” He added, “If you go again and check out that episode, they believe it is Rebecca Sherman. And Blair is like, ‘No, her head’s constantly in a guide. She doesn’t have time to be posting all the time.’ So it was my way of doing that.”
- Dan Humphrey, the OG Gossip Lady blogger, is exposed to have gone on to turn into a novelist. He surely experienced lots of follow in weaving storylines jointly!
- Blair and Serena achieved up about martinis in the original Gossip Girl pilot. In the reboot, Julien, Zoya and their pals sip martinis, even nevertheless Zoya’s not a admirer of the taste.
- Uh, hi there? All people hanging out on the stairs at the Met!
Gossip Girl style is in entire force
- Kate’s outfit (a striped major, silk scarf, brown coat and black pants) is a nod to Serena’s ensemble in the OG Gossip Girl pilot.
- Julien browses on the web for clothes from Alice + Olivia, a line the authentic forged rocked really a little bit in the initial.
- Zara garments was a fixture in the original Gossip Lady, and Luna disses the brand.
- Julien usually takes Zoya’s headband off and reworks it into a neck scarf, potentially as a nod to headband queen Blair as properly as a difference among the outdated and new guard.
Following, if you appreciate Gossip Woman, you will want to binge Bridgerton. Here’s anything to know about it!